Friday, July 22, 2016

First Look: Review of Vaperz Cloud VCST Cloud-Chasing Tank (RBTA)

E

I finally got my hands on the Vaperz Cloud VCST tank.  You would think that being their first distributor and having a significant roll in putting them on the map, that I would get a prototype or at least 1st run of their products, but I guess I don't have that kind of hook up anymore, so here I am reviewing their newest tank after their second run.

I really wanted to have a great experience with this one.  Their last VCMT was horrible at wicking.  It was obscenely large (30mm), but when I first saw Matt Cooper's prototype of the VCST, I told him I wanted one.

Anyway, enough of the history/drama, let's get to the review:

Pros/Cons:
You'll get leaking from the AFC when top filling (not for sloppy drippers). When in a rush or needing to do a fill in the run, you better have a syringe or unicorn bottle. Or a convenient vape rag. 

Gets hot depending on build.  I was running a .35 ohm build and the metal part around the mouthpiece can get hot to the lips.

Wicking is tight. There isn't much cotton room around the air flow channels, so you need needle-nose tweezers to really get it jammed down to the deck.

AJC (adjustable juice control) is tough to turn if not wicked properly.  Once you get your technique down, this gets better.

Wide open bore. THIS IS A BEAST!  It's an RDA for clouds with big airflow with the added feature of having juice in a glass tank around it.

Be ready to spend $$ in juice (or make your own). This bastard MURDERS juice

For a wide boar RDTA, it has great flavor.  Perhaps one of the best flavor tanks on the market that can chuck brah.

The AFC ring is janky. It needs to be improved, maybe take a page from Sense or Uwell.

Save the vape band (although I appreciate the support hr2058) and add a smaller 510 adapter for tighter draws. This will help save on juice too.

The fill hole, as I mentioned before, can get sloppy to fill if you don't have a unicorn or syringe. It really needs a better top fill option. Another opportunity to borrow features from Uwell or Joyetech Cuboid Pro design where a small section of the topcap screws off and allows for true top fill.
 
The posts are big and can accommodate any build, but the diameter of the build area is small and requires the coils to be really close to the posts if you build on a 3mm or larger diameter.  

Huge applause for making the grub screws buttery smooth.

At the end of the day, Vaperz Clouds has done what they always do:  Take someone else's design and improve on it.  It's the same exact deck as the tsunami, which is the same design as Kennedy RDA.

Final thoughts?  I consider the VCST a great tank. With August 8th around the corner, I don't expect a version2, and that's a damn shame because it has innovative potential and very good execution.

4 comments:

  1. Good read. Maybe a VCST vs VCMT review would be interesting followed by a "How the F*ck do you wick these things!?" tutorial and maybe a "How to clean up e liquid"... Maybe I should have taken the no noobs message on some of the Vaperz Cloud boxes I have to heart? I own both in the 25mm size with a 36mm VCST and 30mm VCMT on the way. When you get these built perfect I haven't found anything better. I found using a mod like a DNA 200 with these makes a big enough difference between them and the rest of the pack that I always have one within reach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the 25 vcst and I can't get it wicked right. It's like no matter what I do it leaks! Any suggestions would be appreciated

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having the same problem keeps leaking from air vent

      Delete
  3. Really very interesting and very valuable information about the cigarette and vape nice work.



    jb vapes

    ReplyDelete